Friday 14 June 2013

Peacock Swirl.....First try and third try!! These are the ones that didn't make the cut!

Hi there...as promised....here is an overview of the two other peacock swirls I did when I was trying to get one to enter in the competition.

My first attempt was a total bust.  A combination of skewers too close together in the tool I made, and the soap batter being a bit thick.....this is the end result....



And here are the cut bars after I steamed the ash off.....



I guess...after all that they don't look too bad!  They smell yummy...Black Raspberry Vanilla Fragrance Oil.

The whole peacock thing was doing my head in, and I decided to try once more to see if I could do it any better.  This time I just did 3 colors, and chose a different fragrance, Eden's Garden from Bramble Berry.
Everything went amazingly well...still used my single skewer!  And the end result looked fantastic.....until the next day when it was covered in popped air bubbles!  So here it is...peacock #3....


Here it is after the initial skewer pass through....


Here it is after the S - Curves.....was really really pleased with how it looked....it was much neater then my original one!


And here it is with the air bubbles the next day...total disappointment....


And finally...cut...they smell pretty good, and if I can work out how to get the top layer off without a planer, they will look excellent!!


So that's the peacock for a while.....don't know if I will ever do it again, as cleanup was total hell...but for limited editions, it might be OK.  See you all later  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment